ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #214
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

101-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Sentry

So, I have no clue who Sentry is and after reading through his Wiki page (clearly written by his number one fan) I still have no idea, but I will say he, and his story within the Marvel Universe, seems pretty great and unique; quite a feat considering his character was unveiled less than 18 years ago. Sure, he is not exactly the most well known superhero, but given that new Marvel characters are now only slight amendments to existing, more successful characters (Miles Spider-Man, Ms Marvel, Hulk, Iron Heart, Facon Cap, etc, etc) it is pretty interesting that a character like Sentry can have a fairly decent impact on the Marvel Universe and have 2 Marvel Legend toys produced; clearly someone at Hasbro is a fan.

Pros: Nice head sculpt, big beefy character and the belt reminds me of Hercules’ belt from his 60’s cartoon appearances. (If you are not aware, I highly recommend checking it out on Youtube, it is one of those things from my childhood that I will never forget).

Cons: While I appreciate that they produced a relative unknown character for a mass release I feel that that could do a much better job in showcasing the history for the character. His cape is also a bit of a pain as it is made from a hard plastic making many “action’ poses difficult.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping