ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #215
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

102-2
Disney Infinity 3.0- Marvel: Black Panther

The intention was to get this review out around the time that the Black Panther movie was released and boy-o-boy did I miss that mark. What can I say? I have been busy! However during the time (when I was presumably being lazy), the movie has delighted thousands of movie goers around the world and found some modest (re: ALL the monies) success at the same time once again proving that a well-made movie, with compelling characters and a decent story will find an audience. The fact that in 2018 that this was still somewhat of a question is a bit baffling, but never less I assume that times are a changing and I for one and looking forward to it. I will say that when I first heard Marvel’s plan for a Black Panther addition to the MCU I was less that enthused. I was not much of a BP comic fan and his appearances in the animated offerings were less than flattering, making him seem very unlikable as the King of Wakonda, so imagine my surprised at his amazing cameo in Captain America: Civil War in which he, along with Spider-Man, are my favorite parts of an already amazing movie; high praise indeed. There is just something about how he is portrayed in the MCU that makes him charming and likable, but also very serious and this was further developed in his standalone movie along with the further building out of his backstory and family who, in my opinion, are just as great. And don’t even get me started on Kilmonger’s story… that will have to wait until I review that series of Marvel legends (probably next year sometime at this rate)

Anyways, as with all Infinity figures, this one is great; certainly another that if was scaled up could be very popular with a lot of collectors, myself included.

Pros: Great cartoonish sculpt in a great pose of an awesome MCU character.

Cons: Part of a cancelled video game.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping