ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #217
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

104-2
Bandai- Thundercats: Mumm-Ra.

Ok, I don’t really know who Mumm-Ra is. Yes I realize that he is the main antagonist to the Thundercats and I believe that he is almost like an Egyption type God, but that doesn’t really make much sense as the Thundercats aren’t from earth and the Egyptians are not from Thundera… or are they?? Ok kids, get out your tinfoil hats, because I have a crazy theory:

So we’ll start with the basics, The world of the Thundercats was like Star Wars and the events of the cartoon took place a long time ago in a galaxy far away. When Lion-O and his Thundercat’s finally defeated Mumma Ra they were only able to kill his physical form. However, as he was a mystical type being, his spirit survived and eventually left their planet in search of an new body and world to rule.
Fast Forward milenia where a weary Mumm-Ra happened upon our blue and green planet around 4000 BC where the Egyptian civilization was rapidly growing and had a certain penchant for the feline species in their daily life. Mumm-Ra, being familiar with cats, given his lifelong battle with them, was able to bond with the ancient cities cat population and secretly implement his will over the people making them model their culture from his life on Thunera all those years ago. Examples included the practice of wrapping their dead in cloth to look like mummies, pyramid designs and paintings with different anthropomorphic animals painted as gods (not unlike all the various animal species from Thundera). Over time Mumm-Ra started to form a strong bond with the cats and even eventually appreciated them in a way that made him quite homesick for his life on Thundera therefore eventually showing his affections by ensuring that the Cats of Egypt were celebrated and revered for years thereafter.

Pros: Nice sized figure with some really cool accessories and add ons. Has a decent amount of articulated joints and the sculpt looks really imposing as the Thundercats main enemy.

Cons: The hands have a difficult time holding the weapons and his helmet has a tendency pop off. Also the poseability is somewhat limited despite the all the joints and articulation.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping