Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #2709
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
It's become a problem across all of Hasbro's brands for roleplay items.

Lightsabers are the worst offenders. "Clearance" now seems to be $150 and up. Average pricing is close to $300 and don't get me started on the Darksaber. I haven't picked one up since the first, all plastic versions a couple years ago.

Marvel Legends is the same. I remember the first releases of their roleplay items were $150 or less, and then with sales and clearance I was able to grab a lot of things for under $100. Now the starting price is $150 and up. And $150 is absolutely rare unless it is a small item. More so the average starting price for helmets is closer to $200. I recently picked up Spiderman's helmet and the Iron Gauntlet on sale for around $110 each, and I thought that was a deal.

I was at a local TRU yesterday and they had the sword on red tag "clearance" for $275??!!!?? What a @#$%ing joke.

So I don't think it is just PR that is suffering from price inflation, but rather all of Hasbro's brands have gotten out of hand with pricing on roleplay stuff.
Definitely agree. For Marvel, a lot of the higher priced Legends are currently on sale at TRU and they still really aren't moving off of the shelves. I think people are very much thinking with their wallets when purchasing Hasbro stuff lately, and that's a good thing. Let them know that these price increases are becoming too much at this point.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping