ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
cobralegion
Decepticon
Re: Possibility That Target Will Look To Cease Canadian Operations

I agree. I hope they don't leave. Having just Walmart would not be a good thing for any of us.

Target opened too soon and tried doing too much on their own. One of their main problems was stock but that's because they didn't use the distribution centers already set up by Zellers. I guess they figured they could do it better from scratch but obviously that failed.

They also didn't do anything special to bring in customers. Everyone expected them to compete with Walmart with great prices but they aren't competing at all.

I think they should have just kept running them as Zellers but put in more money for staff and maintenance. Zellers already carried most of the products and exclusives that Target has. Would have saved them a ton of money on start up costs and with Zellers you already had loyal customers. I know people think Zellers was messy but that's only because they were always understaffed. Besides I'd rather have a messy store to hunt through that actually has stuff then a store clean because its empty. I run into a lot of our old customers who say they miss Zellers and its usually just because its where they bought specific items. Target carries only about 60% of the products that Zellers did.

It will be sad if they close down especially for the 25,000 of us that lost their jobs for them.

Anyways..sorry to rant lol.

Last edited by cobralegion; 01-09-2015 at 03:57 AM.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping