ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #663
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

405-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: Knockout.

So a few years ago, my family and I were lucky enough to have annual passes to Disneyland in California and would go a few times a year. I would often take this opportunity to go to every Target/WalMart and Toys R Us in the vicinity to look for new toys that had not hit Canada yet and that is how I came across Knockout. If I recall correctly it was at some Target in Orange County close to Laguna Beach, but I have never been there again, so I couldn’t really say. At any rate, I remember that after that point, toy hunting in Southern California was never really the same as it seemed that all I could find was empty shelves or the same old peg warmers that I had back home. This continues to this day for any high traffic tourist areas, but if you are willing to drive and make your family stop at every store along the way, you may just get lucky.

Pros: Overall Knockout has a really nice vehicle mode with sleek design and clear windows. The robot mode fits the Prime asthenic nicely and he has a decent amount of articulation, including foot/ankle tilts, which is a big plus.

Cons: His upper body in robot mode is a bit of a mixed bag. Nothing really tabs into place and his arm articulation is hindered by errant vehicle parts. I also don’t understand why he is straight up smiling… Maybe it was supposed to be more of a smirk, but really looks like a genuine smile.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping