ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #417
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

233-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Dr Strange

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2 & 232-2 for the previous instalments.

Not with the addition of Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame the ratings have been bumped up.
To date:
22. The Hulk
21. Thor: The Dark Workd
20: Iron Man 3
19: Iron Man 2
18. Thor
17. Ant Man and the Wasp

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating #16- Captain Marvel

I’ll be honest here and while this is not really an “unpopular opinion” or anything, it really should be stated: Captain Marvel was a fine film. Were there really fun parts of the movie? You bet.Were there really questionable parts of the story? Sure. Did I enjoy my time watching it? Yup. Was it any different than a good portion of the other Marvel Cinematic Universe films? No, not really. For the most part I enjoyed the story and really appreciated a bit more depth to the Marvel world in space, what with the involvement of the Kree and the Skrulls, but also how it tied them to earth in a way that Guardians of the Galaxy never did. I enjoyed the supporting cast a great deal and felt that Brie Larson played the character well. I understand the complaints that the performance gets, but it’s also somewhat lost on me as I have little to no connection to the character; who am I to say if she was playing the character emotionally stunted? My biggest criticism of the movie is probably more of a criticism of period movies in general that they were a little heavy handed on the 90’s references and music cues. Hell, I like the 90's pop culture and music as much as anyone else, but it was just a bit heavy handed. Oh, and for the record can I formally place a moratorium on NEVER using the super cliche “I’m Just a Girl” song for any sequence involving a Girl kicking ass from this point forward? Thanks. .

Pros: Way Back in review 130 of Volume 1 I complained that Dr Strange should have come with his trademark cape and what-do-you-know? A few years later he was re-released with a wicked ass huge cape. The figure itself is pretty similar to the first release, with some sculpting changes, but looks much more complete. I also appreciate that they continue including those magic effects too.

Cons: Aside from being a re-use of another Dr Strange figure, there is really nothing bad about this figure. If I was being picky perhaps the cape is a bit big and cumbersome for poses? But I rather sacrifice form over function for it. It would have also been nice if they gave him more iconic comic colors, but would probably need a whole different sculpt change.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping