View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #4805
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I've wondered how many parents actually pay $29.99 and over for figures they know their kids will probably quickly lose interest in, or destroy. I think a lot of parents would balk at paying $39.99. I've assumed that most already just buy the cheaper playline figures, if anything. I've personally rarely seen any kids in the toy aisles looking at or holding Marvel Legends, Black Series or Classified figures, to the point that I think of them as adult collector lines.

I agree.

My oldest is 7 years old, and he will play with anything. That is when he isn't nose deep in his tablet. When I do the laundry he will come down and play with me with the Transformers Cyberverse figs I have. Most of them I got on deep discount. He doesn't care about the regular figures because that doesn't factor into his play.

Same goes for birthday parties. Whenever we go, the gifts are usually less than $40 total. Those Titan class figures are a godsend. A 12" figure of a superhero, etc. for $10-$15? Perfect gift.

I have not, and probably never will pay $40 for a single figure for my kids. Unless that is something they specifically ask for. Hell I am unlikely to pay $40 for a regular ML, for myself, going forward. Except on those rare occasions where it is a figure I really, really want.

The fact is that most modern toys, ML, SW, TF, etc. don't hold their value already. At the new $40 price point? Why bother when you can get the vast majority of releases on the secondary market for retail, or less?

As someone pointed out, if TRU does a sale now, you would be looking at $32 for an ML (20% off $40) on sale!!! So basically full retail from last year is your best bet?

Also as others have pointed out, this is just TRU, but I doubt it will be long before others have to bring up their prices as well.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping