Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 12:02 PM   #322
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Ok after digesting this a bit, here are my initial thoughts:

WOW!!! I really like this. I mean I expected more ARAH style and completely spaced on the fact that this is Classified and they like to give updates where they can on product. So I am really impressed with everything in this HISS.

The overall design is really great. I love the gull wing canopy that offers 2 types of entry. The fold out ladder, the independent turret guns. The fold down rear access ramp with an adjustable seat and weapons rack. The lights are great, and I absolutely love the cobra symbol light, although I think Spiderman might file a copyright lawsuit for infringement. The working treads look great, which is one area I was really worried about. I love the little touch of an interior red light as well for the driver and the troop transport section. Then you have the folding tow hook (gee what could that be for?) and the side ports (again gee what could that be for?).

The colour and deco looks great as well.

Love that the figures will come in box rather than loose (take the hint ML team!!!!!!) Even though that doesn't mean as much now that the boxes will be all cardboard.

The early bird figure is really just a base offering figure, or I guess first tier unlock, dressed up as a way to push quick funding. I like that it is a "new" character so hopefully it makes it and we can see what the colour scheme offering look like.

Now the question for me is what will be the unlock tiers, and how many backers for each one to unlock?

I would hazard a guess from the livestream and Lenny's comments that we could see (all guesses on my part):

Tier 1 (11,000) - A figure. Most definitely a repaint/mostly reused parts figure. Maybe a Cobra Commander in more of a ARAH style.

Tier 2 (14,000) - Another figure. Again reuse/repaint, possibly a new trooper of some kind

Tier 3 (17,000) - Weapons pods for the side of the HISS (where Lenny showed on the treads) Hopefully missiles, but most likely guns.

Tier 4 (20,000) - Some kind of towable vehicles/platform. Nothing big like an ASP, but maybe some kind of missile launcher like the MMS?

Anyway great job and I really like the look of it.

As of posting this......post it is now at 2405/8000
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping