ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #881
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

521-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Clone Trooper.

I’m finally making my way through all these Black Series figures that I’ve collected through the years and not a moment too soon: the fandom is so incredibly divided at this point that I’m not sure where this franchise is heading. I suppose we can feel ok about the Mando series and hope that it will keep Star Wars afloat for a while, but if I know Star Wars fans, it won’t be long until they get pissed off over something that didn’t align with their version of what Star Wars should be.

Pros: A long time ago, in a toy section very close by, Star Wars Black Series figures were incredibly frustrating to find. Sure, for years Slave Leia’s cluttered the shelves, but Canada was skipped over for a number of waves thereafter. That is, until the fateful day that Wal-Mart releases a metric butload of figures, including this clone trooper, for an unbelievable low price of $10. I guess I stopped myself from buying multiples and even passed on the original white clone in favor of the red variant, but given that they are just simple repaints I suppose I see why. Overall the Clone Troopers have a decent sculpt that matches their on screen counterparts, a good amount of articulation included double jointed elbows (something not typical on hero characters, and two screen accurate blasters.

Cons: Despite the articulation points, the figure isn’t all that pose-able. It's more to do with the shortfalls of the armor design, more form over function, but it would be really nice if these Troopers could take a knee and aim a blaster at the same time.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping