ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #890
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

526-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Soundblaster.

Kudos to the Transformers Netflix series for giving a simple repainted character some personality and if I’m being honest I think I almost like the off-the-grid gangster better than the very logical and loyal Soundwave; especially considering he has all those built in minions to do his bidding. Now that I think about it, a better example, for those familiar with Star Trek, is that Soundwave is DATA and Soundblaster is his much less robotic minded, more aggressive natured brother LORE: Similar build with much different programming. I hope that they feature him a bit more in future stories.

Pros: Soundblaster, or rather Soundwave, has always had a bit of a Cybertronian identity crisis. I mean, what was he supposed to be in that initial cartoon? I suppose a lamppost doesn’t make for a very enjoyable alt mode, so I’m glad that Hasbro went with something a bit more identifiable while keeping the “data” storage gimmick that he’s best known for. Transformation is pretty basic and the robot mode has a decent homage to the character that we are used to. Goldwing is also a really nice addition to the figure with a fun spring loaded transformation and a nice overall bird mode.

Cons: His robot mode is a bit basic and angular looking. I also lament the fact they didn’t include a weapon or even the ability to hold Goldwing.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping