ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #266
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

002-R
Blue Box- Legend of The Dragoon- Kongol
Release Date (approx): 2000
Current Price and availability: $70.00
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/KONGOL-the-l...AAAOSwbVdbnEGv

Well this is a fun, retro figure based on a Sony PlayStation RPG game that I never played giving me zero understanding as to who, or what this is. Lucky for me Youtube exists and I was able to get a general overview of the game and saw Kongol in RPG, turn based action. Apparently the game has a bit of a cult following and to be honest it seems like a pretty decent game that would have actually appealed to me as I do like RPGs, but it also came out around the time my son was born, so I was likely too busy for games at the moment. As far as I can gather, the characters live in a world of Dragons and have the ability to either morph into them or channel their energy? Was not really clear in the portions of the walk through that I watched, but the game looked pretty cool with a combo of turn based fighting and immediate commands. I can’t say for sure as to why I picked the entire series up, but was probably a combo of cool looking, well articulated figures and price as I seem to recall these as being under $10 at Wal-Mart.

Pros: Pretty impressive to have a line of toys produced by a small company based on a game like this. Kongol himself is a rather imposing figure with some amazing detail and sculpting throughout.

Cons: Perhaps taking a cue from McFarlane toys, Kongol has limited articulation in certain key areas that make multiple poses impossible. Additionally, as full line, it seems as though all the figures are breaking apparent in one way or another. Nothing major, but either a piece of armour fell off or like Kongol, a weapon snaps. I suppose over time this tends to happens to plastic and rubber figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping