ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #373
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

205-2
Thinkway Toys- Pixar- Eve

Back when Pixar was first releasing feature films it became somewhat of a tradition to rate them from most to least favorite and I thought I might be fun to try it with all 20 films released to date. To be honest it’s not an easy task as I do genuinely like all the Pixar offerings and still feel, despite some less than good films, that they are superior to most animated movies.

It should go without saying that these are my own thoughts and not meant to say that one movie is quantifiably better than the other, but I’ll try provide some rational with each selection to make sense of the ranking. And with that said, on to the bottom!

20. The Good Dinosaur- I saw this movie one time in the theaters and it was overall a pretty forgettable story in an extremely beautiful setting. In truth, I feel that’s in-line with the difficulties surrounding production what with delays and major rewrites providing a less than cohesive story line in the finished product. In short, Pixar films typically have amazing characters participating in unique, yet compelling stories that look amazing and the Good Dinosaur just did not meet that mark. I’ll revisit it eventually, but I’m not really in any rush.

Pros: Eve is a surprisingly fun toy with a good amount of articulation for the character with a pivoting head and ball jointed shoulders that fit nicely back into egg mode. Accessory wise she has everything that you would want including a clear stand, blaster arm, light bulb that fits into her arm, an “exploding rock” and Plant in boot plot device that can actually fit in her body cavity to in-act the life beacon. The other cool feature that is totally great is that you can change the eye expressions every time you press its head down; it’s a bit of a gimikey thing that reminds me of the He-Man figure : Man-E-faces, but works totally great have gives a lot of emotion to the robot.

Cons: Not sure if this is just mine, but the arm joints are a bit loose and can really be held in place. Also the boot does not fit very well in the body cavity and just sits there loose.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping