ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #377
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

208-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Dark of the Moon: Optimus Prime.

Good lord, will these DOTM the moon figures ever end? I Just unpacked a few more from storage and that should be it. And while I’m apparently doing “best of” lists, I may as well do it with the Transformers movies because...why not? I’ll include the 6 live action films as well as the animated movie because it was released in the theatres (even though I first watched it on VHS.) As with my other dumb lists, these are my opinions and have very little to do whether or not the movie was critically received or even if it was a commercial success; sometimes you just like a movie for your own reasons. From worse to best broken down by GOOD, BAD and UGLY parts of each movie. :

Transformers Movie Rating #7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen-

This is probably no surprise, but Revenge of the Fallen is easily the worst of the Transformers Movies and rightfully so; it's pretty terrible. However, like Darth Vader, there is some good mixed in there; not a lot, but some nevertheless.

The Good: The fight and action scenes are some of the best in all of the series with that forest scene certainly taking top spot. Other passable aspects include the addition of some different characters like roller skating, blade wielding Corvette, Sideswipe, the first big screen movie combiner: Devastator with other constructicons as well as my name sake (albeit not this version): Jetfire. As with all the Transformers media some consideration needs to be given to the toys that support these moves and where the film fell flat, the toys knocked it out of the park as some of the best, yet most complicated, Transformers to date. And while I don’t love a complicated Transformer, I can’t poo-poo on a figure line with Masterpiece level engineering for a mainline price; THAT Leader Optimus is nothing short of amazing and might be in my top ten Transformers figure.

DOTM Optimus Prime

Pros: I like this type of figure as it allows the kids who can’t necessarily afford the Leader class price tag to get the their hands on the big guy himself for the price of a deluxe (which was around $15 at that time). No complaints on the vehicle mode and the robot mode has a decent sculpt with good articulation

Cons: While I appreciate the addition of the axe, these spring loaded accessories were a total miss for me as they were never able to be locked in place rendering them basically useless.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping