ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:56 AM   #379
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

210-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: The All Father, Oden & Old King Thor

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2 for the first instalment:

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating: 19- Thor: The Dark World- I finally got around to seeing Thor: The Dark World and to be honest, it was adequate: Nothing special or groundbreaking, but did provide some much needed character development for both Thor and Loki, two of the more popular characters in the current MCU. I suppose a silver lining of the relative “boring” Thor franchise is that it forced them to make some much needed changes to better appeal to the masses.

The All Father, Oden & Old King Thor

Pros: In truth Hasbro’s decision to create a build a figure from 2 different characters is equal parts brilliant and frustrating.Yes, it’s really great that a figure like Ogen was produced and even better that a fairly obscure character like Old King Thor would have been offered in a briallian re-tool, but where does that leave the collectors who might want both? I mean the wave was decent enough, but do I really want 2 of everything? Nope. Of the two, while I like the idea of Old Thor, I feel that they did a better job with Oden what with an amazing head sculpt and nice staff.

Cons: As mentioned, it’s a bummer that completists would need two waves if they wanted both characters, which is insane. Also the bane of my existence on today’s toys is very prevalent on this figure: hard plastic skirt syndrome that ruins any chance of lower body posability… BOO!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping