ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
66jedikiller66
Decepticon
Re: Batman Unlimited, Marvel, Star Wars, and more on Clearance for ~$10 at Target Can

I have been a collector for 21 years now and have been fortunate to live in a border city.
Don't be fooled by the reports on the U.S. forums like Rebelscum and places like that.
Sure you see reports saying, I found this figure in clearance for $1.57 or I found this Target exclusive that was $29.99 for $8.90.
These finds are few and far between and the items are found in some out of the way town where the Targets there do not move product as quickly as others.
As with all retail stores they would never let an $11 item go for $1.57 without a gradual discount over time.
That's the other thing that people are failing to report, they go to the same store, or several stores, every single morning. They have watched the gradual mark downs happen and never mention anything until stuff is at rock bottom prices.
In 2 hours, in Michigan, I can hit at least 5 Targets, some I have to jump on a highway to connect with but the majority I hit are all within 10 minutes of each other!
So please take hear say and rumor with a grain of sand. Yes I have found stuff at outrageously cheap prices but only after all the good stuff has been sold.
Or in the case of an exclusive that there is only 1 piece and not an assortment, like the Emperor's shuttle or, the Hoth and Endor Ultimate battlepacks. I did find those super cheap but only because they were high priced items to begin with.
And what about gas and toll? You don't think people have invented teleporters without our knowledge do you?
( all sarcasm aside)
I will be straight up with you, in the 21 years I have been collecting I have never seen anything discounted by half the price to begin with. The DC figures are $14.99 and the Star Wars are $9.99 the lowest they will start out at is $11.25 and $7.49, in the States, then they go to half off next.
So we should be rejoicing to find figures for half off during the first markdowns.
I myself rushed out and picked up an extra Movie Legends battle droid. Because I'm an army builder.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping