ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #449
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

255-2
Playmates/Spin Master- Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Baby Leonardo and Donatello

Nothing much to say about these cute little guys that I have not already said, but I thought I would give a quick review on the recent Batman & the TMNT movie that was recently released on demand.

In short it was FANTASTIC. I was really worked as it could have been super silly and geared towards kids (like the new TMNT series) but there were some legitimate badass scenes that would make any old fan swoon for a more gritty version of the characters while still maintaining the comedic sense that the turtles are known for. I Guess this was based on the recent comic series, but as I never read it I can't really comment on any changes to the story, however I felt it to be overall interesting and overall a fun watch. The only downside to the story was the odd realization that in this Batman universe the City of New York is a thing and the Turtles live there. Thankfully the multiverse is a thing and I can easily get my mind around a world where both Batman and the Turtles exist at the same time. I won’t spoil anything more as I really think it’s worth a watch for any Batman or TMNT fan, but will mention one part that actually made me laugh out loud. Long story short, there was a scene where the heroes were running away, up a flight of stairs, from one of Batman’s rogues and Michalangelo literally falls UP the stairs, gets up and continues running. Its such a stupid little thing, but I appreacated that they added it. Overall 5 starts, 2 thumbs up, and certified fresh from me.

Pros: Unique color and sculpt that maintains their “teenage” features, some poseability and included little (hopefully training) weapons.

Cons: These are basic figures that are cuter than anything. If you are expecting anything more, that’s on you

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping