Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Toys"R"Us Has Record Losses in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Read this:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/behindt...-be-realistic/

Interesting read and interview with the new CEO. Sounds like this is the guy that might be able to staunch the bleeding.

Also nice to see a CEO not just look at exterior factors, but also admit the company "culture" is not helping as well.
In the past maybe three years though they have opened a ton of new Canadian stores, from the Mall ones to full stores. Makes me wonder if they aren't watering down their sales.

In Winnipeg we just got a brand new full size Toys"R"Us store in the south end of the city, but I wonder if we actually needed it.

For myself I would still have to drive half an hour in any direction to reach a Toys"R"us and I'm kinda fine with that. While I frequent the two "closest" to me I'm pretty unlikely to make the trek to that new one very often. I dunno.

Maybe they should take a lesson from Ikea and not worry about having a store in every neighborhood to compete with Walmart & Target. I mean really if in spite of all these new stores their sales are going down maybe the new stores are a pointless endeavor for them.

And yeah, one of our Toys"R"Us store was just blowing out the Yarna's for $1 each, like 4 years late

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping