ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #152
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Marvel Legends- Jack O'Lantern (Mad Jack)

I know very little about Jack O'Lantern, but what I do know was gathered from a very enjoyable Agent Venom comic run. Apparently there is some history with the character: Mad Jack?, but outside of the comics he has had very little exposure in other media. However, I was able to catch an unwatchable Ultimate Spiderman which feature Jack and inexplicably the cast from Disney"s tween sitcom "Jesse". Sidebar: this is not the time or place to get into it, but that cartoon is the absolute worst.

Anyways, I was quite excited for Jack O'Lantern as he looked amazing the in the package and for the most part he delivers, but it's not without some issues. The good includes a phenomenal head sculpt and body design. I love the flying broom accessory too. My only grip is that the articulation is lacking in some key areas to allow him to ride his broom which is so odd considering that Marvel Legends rarely have this issue. I'm also not sure where the body construction came from, but I have to assume it's from a previously very slender character, but works really well for Jack.

Overall it's an extremely well made figure of a obscure character that looks super cool, that is, if you can manage to actually get him posed.

Pros: Amazing head sculpt, nice accessories

Cons: Articulation could use some work.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping