ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #155
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Marvel Legends- Spider Gwen

When was that last time that a new character made such a splash in an established comic universe? Ok, maybe it was fairly recent with Spider-Miles, but still pretty remarkable to see her popularity surge. And what really makes her so popular anyways? Sure it's nice to see Gwen in a ‘what if’ type scenario, but that is nothing new. I suppose it's cool to see how she would have lived her life if it hadn't been cut short; so that's fun. Truthfully, as vain as this sounds, I think maybe it's her costume; it's just so cool!

The figure features two head sculpts, one masked with her hood up and one unmasked with the hood around her neck. Hasbro did a particularly neat thing with the design of her hood to achieve her iconic look and while I appreciate that they included an unmasked head, it looks a bit off and almost out of place. I also find it odd that they didn't not include alternative hands. Not sure Gwen needs to walk around with her webbing hand at the ready 100% of the time.

I was also a touch disappointed with the lack of articulation; she has most of the required POA, but this is also a spider lady that needs to make some cool poses; IMO anything less then a Spider-Man is inferior.

Pros: A nice version of a new fan favourite, the hooded look is excellent.

Cons: Alt head looks out of place, articulation could use some work.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping