ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #391
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

218-2
Bandai- Tamashii Nations Meisho Movie Realization: Akazonae Royal Guard

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see review 215-2 for the previous instalments: Star Wars Movie Rating #10- Star Wars EP2 Attack of the Clones

The Bad: As mentioned, there was some decent parts to AOTC, but it would be naive to overlook some of the glaring issues throughout the movie. Firstly, it's literally all over the place; Obi Wan is solving a weird mystery involving a clone army that was created by some random Jedi that was never mentioned before OR after, Anakin and Padme are forced to spend time together in a bid to protect her life, yet almost get killed immediately and somehow Chancellor Palpatine's plan to start a war between the Republic and the Separatists comes to a head. Secondly, I also really hate the droid factory scene as it basically amounts to a cartoon or video game sequence with some terrible CGI throughout that provides no stakes and adds nothing to the story. Lastly, I really do not like the realization that all the clones are basically all Boba Fetts. It’s almost a knee jerk reaction to EP 1 hate and Lucas simply doubled down on a character that is beloved among the fans, but instead made him an odd, blood thirsty kid. Hell, I would almost believe that Boba Fett had a better chance of turning into Darth Vader than the Jake Lloyd Anakin!

Pros: My fourth and final Movie Realization figure (not for lack of appreciation) and it certainly is a stunning addition to the group. There is just something about that Crimson Red armour that I have loved since seeing first them by the Emperor's side in Star Wars Ep 6- Return of the Jedi. It's really too bad that they never saw any on screen fighting as I would have loved to see them in action. Lucky for me, and other fan alike, we were gifted with the throne action scene in the Last Jedi, that we were missing for all those years and while those gaurds are not really the same thing, I would imagine it being pretty close.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping