ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #395
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

221-2
Disney Toy Box- Star Wars: Boba Fett

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2 & 218-2 for the previous instalments: Star Wars Movie Rating #10- Star Wars EP2 Attack of the Clones

The Ugly- Yikes, where to start? Probably with what is, in my mind anyways, the biggest issue with this movie: timing within the trilogy. If I had my way I would have started the movie during the middle of the Clone Wars with Anakin already being established as a Jedi Knight/Master. Then in the second act have him join Palpatine to end the war (much like is the case in EP 3) and have him face off with the Jedi order and finally Obi Wan at the climax leaving him somewhat injured. For the most part The Republic would be destroyed and the Jedi order would be in shambles, but still would have some members left in the ranks. This would take out a good portion of fluff as well as the terrible forced love story between Anakin and Padme while simultaneously allowing for more time to properly disassemble the Republic, wipeout the Jedi without the stupid order 66 and actually see Vader's fall to the dark side and rise to power. Perhaps it's easier said than done as I now have the benefit of looking at it from the future, but I can’t help but feel that there was a missed opportunity to show a compelling emotion filled story in favor of a 2 hour CGI fest that has little story, forced character development and short sighted fan service that ultimately did not work.

Pros: Toy Box Boba Fett is a perfect example of why Toy Box figures are so great in my book. Cartoonish, yet accurate sculpt, good range of movement with a solid articulation scheme, usable accessories all for a price point that only applies to Hasbro’s shampoo bottle figures. If you have passed on these figures for whatever reason and you want to get one to check the potential out, Boba Fett is your best bet, if you can still find him.

Cons: Not everything can be perfect I suppose and Boba Fett is no exception as my figure is a bit loose in the hip joints. Surly can be fixed using the typical methods, but he can hold the desired pose, so I’m alright with it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping