ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #397
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

223-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Combiner Wars: Motormaster

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2 & 217-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #6: Transformers: The Last Knight.

TF5 The Last Knight- The final (hopefully) Michael Bay movie and the film that almost killed the franchise is actually not THAT bad. There are perhaps too many stupid parts to mention in this little review, but it certainly delivered on a movie going experience.

The Good: I actually like Mark Wahlberg as the male lead in the Transformers movies, he’s believable as a hero, can act well enough for an action movie and fits the character (aside from the huge muscles). In fact, I would say that the entire human cast is pretty good and love that they were able to get Lennox and Simmons back for some minor roles as it bridges the gap from the initial three to the new ones. I also kind of wish that Shia and Megan would be invited back as, despite all the hate these movies get, they did work well together for the first movie. And even though it pretty well ruins Transformer continuity, (again) I liked the Knights of the Round Table and Merlin backstory, but maybe I’m just a sucker for historically inaccurate Medieval stories.

Pros: Motormaster is among some of the best Combiner Wars figures in terms of improvement from the G1 source material. Both modes look great, from a flat nosed 18 wheeler cab to a fully articulated robot; he looks like was modeled heavily from the G1 Cartoon, but still maintains the overall aesthetic of the G1 toy, which is a win in my book. The transformation is fairly easy (in a good way), and the figure has a decent amount of articulation. He also gets top marks for that head in a box sculpt.

Cons: Overall the figure is a bit wide, boxey and has very little depth; something that is really no better or worse than a figure with a big backpack, it's just simply an observation. Also, and this is more for the G1 pusit, it's a bit of a bummer that they could not have incorporated the trailer in the final robot design, with the main focus on the cab. Now I’m not suggesting that they should have made his feet out of the front end cab (a la G1), but it was a unique G1 transformation was dropped in favor of something a bit more simplistic.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping