ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #642
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

390-2
Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic: Rocksteady.

I’m coming up to the end of my TMNT figure backlog and given that I have little interest in the new series, it looks as though this might be it for my turtle collection. I’m ok with that though as if I am being honest I have been ‘out’ of TMNT for a while. If I could find a decent set of the Revoltech nick turtles I may bite, but I don’t think they are getting any cheaper. At any rate I am happy to end this run on a high note with these really great TMNT classic figures that Playmates released a while ago.

Pros: I really love the design and sculpt of these classic figures and was ecstatic that Playmates released a 80’s Cartoon version of Shredder’s henchmen. Overall Rocksteady has a fantastic sculpt, an ok amount of articulation for the time and a good amount of accessories including a massive gun, a machete and a manhole cover stand.

Cons: I recognize that this figure was produced a few years ago and it was not the norm, but I feel like ankle tilts would have made this good figure an amazing figure. Also, I’m a bit concerned about the plastic quality as it developed the “plastic dust” right in the package. It cleans right off, but makes you wonder what kind of plastic would break down like that.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping