ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #334
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

178-2
Disney Toy Box- Marvel: Thor

Wow, for someone who didn’t really like Thor, I certainly have a lot in my collection and this doesn’t even include the bevy of Marvel Legends coming down the pike. Truth is never really minded the character of Thor and even picked up a few “Thunderstrike” issues from the 90’s, but maybe I just didn’t like how the character was historically portrayed. Fast forward to his stand alone MCU film that fell flat and he was all but a write off for me. However his appearance in Avengers 1 & 2 warmed me up and while this is might be a touchy subject, Thor Ragnarok really did it for me and made me a fan leading up to Avengers 3 and he certainly did not disappoint. That part during the final battle in Wakanda after Banner says “ Oh you guys are so screwed now” still gives me chills and I really look forward to the next chapter to see what happens next.

Pros: As with all toy box figures I loved the style and detailing of Thor, decent articulation and comes with Mjolnir.

Cons: Arg, Toy Box figures strike again with a hindrance to a solid articulation scheme from hard plastic tunics. I’m not sure what the solution is, but it waste of a ball joint. Also, I recognize that in the MCU Thor does not wear his trademark helmet, but it is my prefered look so when I saw that the the helmet-less release was different from the helmeted box art I was disappointed.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping