ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #335
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

179-2
Hasbro- GI Joe- Pursuit of Cobra: Recondo.

I’ll hand it to Hasbro on this one, there was certainly an attempt. Infact, Recondo could have been one of the coolest figures that I have seen in awhile, but unfortunately there are too many things are just off on this figure. Before I get into the Pros and Cons, I will take this time to say that I appreciate 3 ¾ figures and wish that Hasbro kept up with them as there is so much fantastic inherent play value that is not captured in the 6” line.

Pros: As with most of the Joe figures he has a good sculpt and decent articulation also there is so much cool stuff included: An off-the-grid backpack with solar panels, 2 guns, 2 bear traps (that I think convert to foot spikes), 2 guns, 2 axes, a removable hat, a removable survival vest and finally a bear mask that looks like it’s carved out a wood!

Cons: So here is the tough part, despite all the cool stuff, his flaws are quite detrimental to the overall figure. Firstly his head and neck seem to be molded incorrectly causing his to always look down. On top of that, literally, is that his hat does not stay on his head and also interferes with the kick-ass bear mask. Moving on down, while his hands fit the guns ok, the axes are real loose and finally the traps/crampons don’t fit the pegs on his feet. Finally, not that it matters to me as I am not a Recondo aficionado, but it was my understanding that Recondo had hair; What happened? Did he lose a bet with Gung Ho?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping