ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #339
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

182-2
Mattel- Ghostbusters: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

So, funny thing about this figure. When I saw it for $4 at my local Dollar Store I thought I would be a sweat edition to my Ghostbuster shelf, but as I would later find out after closer inspection, that this was the “blow up” version from the rebooted Ghostbusters movie. How can you tell? If you look closely there are little “ballon creases” closer to the joints that give it away (as well as the picture on the back… duh). And while I would have rather had the Stay Puft from the first movie, I’m actually more impressed that Mattel would make essentially make two different versions of the same figure that is basically the same. Like, they can’t seem to get a decent DC figure on the shelves, but they thought that two Stay Pufts was the way to go…

Pros: Certainly looks like Stay Puft, has a surprising amount of articulation, lights up and was only $4!

Cons: It’s the ballon version from the third Ghostbusters film and while I don’t care, some people might want the original version that was released. However that featured a more “toasted” burnt look that didn’t much appeal to me.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping