ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #340
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

183-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Studio Series: Stinger.

I don’t recall if Stinger was releases as part of the Transformers Age of Extinction movie line, but when I saw that he was released as part of the Studio Series line I thought he might be a good addition to my collection. In the movie he’s designed to be an upgrade of Bumblebee, something BB takes great umbrage with, leading him to then scan Stinger there by making him a copy of an upgrade I guess? I believe I have that version of BB from the movie toy line, but I don’t remember how similar the the two are; so this could be a basic retool and I would not even know. What I do know is that I continue to appreciate the Studio Series lines for releasing figures from the older movies who may have been forgotten, missed the first time around, or even improved upon from their original release.

Pros: Extremely nice and sleek vehicle mode with a complex, yet not impossible, transformation to a decently poseable robot mode that close enough to the source material.

Cons: The Studio Series figures are a bit pricey, but given the amount of parts and engineering involved I supposed it makes sense. That said, how long can a toy line that relies on parental purchases really survive when one figure costs $30? Additionally on Stinger, the roof of the car forms a gun or weapon of sorts that doesn’t really look like much of anything except what it really is, a folded chunk of plastic. Also, with added razer disks on the bottom of the car he doesn’t really roll on his wheels at all.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping