ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #454
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

259-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Brother Voodoo

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2, 233-2, 242-2, 244-2, 248-2, 254-2 & 258-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating: #10. Ant Man

The Ant-Man movie did something that I would have never thought possible, make me care about Ant-Man. And while that might sound familiar to the beginning of my Black Panther review, it totally is. I have to hand it to the MCU for taking characters who are outside the norm and making them, well… normal. I will say that I had very low expectations for Ant Man and was very happy with the action, the story, the characters and quite frankly the humor; something that I was not sure I wanted from a comic book movie, but apparently I did. I suppose it helps that it was originally supposed to be directed by one of my favorite directors Edger Wright and thankfully you can see his touch on everything including Luis’s unique storytelling sequences that has Wright written all over it. I think the other impressive feat was that this movie could have been so easily ruined by schtick and yet they stopped short of being a silly carbon copy of Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Of course Paul Rudd was a fantastic choice and he’s been supported by a number of great characters (Hope, Hank, Luis) that have become big players in the MUC in their own right. If I had to say something bad it would be the somewhat cliché divorce/Step Dad trope, but it’s rectified by the end of the movie and doesn’t really bleed into the sequel.

Pros: I’ll be honest, I have no clue who Brother Voodoo is, but he looks TOTALLY badass. Seriously, this figure has a lot of really great sculpting, detail, articulation and accessories. I can only hope that perhaps he makes an appearance in the MCU in future Dr Strange adventures.

Cons: Nothing really outside of Hasbro’s failure provide some backstory. It’s bizarre to me that with the massive amount comic stories available to them they they don’t offer even a digital download with ever figure to connect the dots for people who might not be aware. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 10-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping