Old 05-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #6971
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Iron Man was plentiful at GameStop here for a while then showed up at winners

He even went on sale for $5 during one of their $5 Friday sales. That is how I ended up with 3 of him.

As to Enforcer's point, yeah there is a chance this could be a "blink and you miss it" situation, but highly unlikely.

The Children of Thanos set is a rarity, maybe even one-off, all the other sets have been widely available on .ca and gone on sale a couple of times, and still are available.

Do I think we'll see sub-$100 pricing on this set? No. That ship has sailed with the ever increasing prices. I lucked out with the Alpha Flight set for $74 at one point, but it was not an Amazon exclusive and regular retail was about $50 less than what the current 5-packs are selling for at regular retail price. That meant a discount below $100 was quite feasible.

With current pricing I don't imagine anything below $125 possibly happening, but you never know. I'll probably bite if it gets below $150 ($30 each) only because I had a near complete run of the West Coast Avengers when it was made and I already have White Vision, US Agent and a Wanda (not the latest retro card one though). I just need a Wonder Man in his WCA look and I am good.

But you never know, maybe they won't carry it up here and all this speculation will be a moot point.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping