ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #425
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

239-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Reveal the Shield: Megatron.

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2 & 234-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #5: Transformers: Dark of the Moon: The Bad

As previously mentioned, seamingly ad nauseam, the story lines for these Transformers movies are a bit tough to follow and it’s no wonder given that the filmmakers play real fast and loose with the movie’s timelines. For instance, it's not really clear how much time passed during the assault on Chicago. Some scenes would suggest it takes place in a day and some others make it seem like it was days or even weeks. I feel like it would have had to be at least 24 hrs as that’s the approx time that it would take Sam to drive from Floridia to Chicago. In the grand scheme it’s not that big of a deal and I’m sure editing a movie like this is a sizable task, I’m willing to give it a pass in favor of more action scenes which this movie has no shortage of.

Another thing that I feel the movie did a bad job on was the use and development of the new Transformers characters. Sure Sentinel Prime was pretty cool and Soundwave/Laserbeak were featured fairly prominently, but Shockwave, a character that was hyped for the movie was all but wasted in only a few scenes that really did nothing for the story. I wonder if maybe he was to play the “leader of the decepticons” role early on, but was sidelined early on in favor of the haggered Megatron that we got. Also, who do I have to punch in the face for that frick’in Que charater? A) the stupid Einsite comparison makes no sense. B) He should have been Wheeljack C) His death scene had ZERO impact becuase we saw him for all of 2 seconds before hand. Jezz Hasbo, If you are going to leverage our nostalgia do it right would ya?
And finally, speaking of death of Transformers, what were they thinking killing off Ironhide. I mean, I couldn’t have cared less about Que, but why Ironhide? I also wish that they kept Starsceam alive; I didn’t like how he died and feel that his presence is greatly missed in the sequels.

Pros: Not since 1985 has there been a G1 accurate domestic released megatron so you have to give some credit to Hasbro for that. In fact, he’s not half bad; looks the part in both modes, has a fun little transformation and probably has more articulation that the original.

Cons: Well, he’s pretty small taking away all the “fun’ of the original concept. Also the big orange plug kind ruins the overall aesthetic; better than getting mistaken for a real gun and getting shot though.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping