ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #935
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

557-2
Disney Toy Box- Pixar: Miguel

As with the DC Movie reviews, I’m putting a pin in the Disney movie reviews for the time being. There is just so much to discuss with every review that it’s taking too much time, but I’ll eventually get back to it. That said, I will say that if you have not watched the extremely amazing Pixar Film Coco, then what are you waiting for? It’s not a sequel, it’s not a remake and as far as I know, it’s not even based on a book. A truly unique story that is as touching as it is spectacular and a movie that I like more and more every time that I watch it. It’s on Disney Plus so there are really no excuses unless you cancel right after Mando season 2. Seriously though, it’s so worth your time.

Pros: I was really surprised when I saw that Toybox produced figures based on Pixar’s Coco, but I’m not complaining: I love this move and these characters. Sculpt is typical for Toybox figures, articulation is fair for a figure of this size and cost and the guitar accessory is a perfect add in. Extra credit for the detail on Miguel’s boots. Given that he comes from a family of shoe makers, I can see why it would be important to nail that detail.

Cons: Of course I’m always going to ask for more, but I would have loved added ankle tilts. Also, his guitar is a bit difficult to pose with so I wish they added a peg to affix it into place.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping