ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #937
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

559-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends- Marvel Studios 10 Years: X-Con Luis & Ghost.

Who would have thought that Luis, one of the biggest surprises of the MCU, would be so high on my list of figures to pick up in toy form? I mean, It certainly helps that he is a unique mould that is packed with another unique mould, Ghost, and neither received a single figure release in the regular line. What is with Ant Man movie figures that don’t warrant single figure releases? Happened with the super great Yellowjacket figure too. Maybe in time we will get an OG Ant-Man Michael Douglas in time!

Pros: X-Con Luis- When I first picked this 2 pack up I thought that I was getting yet another generic suit mould with a new head, but it appears that Luis is not quite as svelte as Tony Stark. That said, If I were to guess I think the legs and maybe the arms are the same, which is fine by me. I like the look and the little X Con detail, but I feel that the torso could have been a bit more uhh… chunky. The head sculpt is bang on though. Accessory wise he comes with the building/suitcase prop from the movie and his own big Ant.

Ghost- I love the design of Ghost and was happy that they made her own figure. The suit has lots of detail throughout, standard articulation for female moulds and an extra unmasked head/hood.

Cons: X-Con Luis: I feel he could have used a few more accessories or even a 3rd little Ant-Man figure from the school scene in the movie.

Ghost- Not sure what happened on her head sculpt, but between the terrible haircut and the full on white wash of a mixed raced actor, I’m happy that the masked head looks way better. Now that I mention it, Luis probably could have had a darker skin tone too.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping