ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 09:59 AM   #1082
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

663-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Abomination

Continuing the trend of having a quick look at the figures that made up the BAF figure here is my thoughts on the wave members:

1. Scarlet Witch: I actually included Scarlet Witch in my Giant Man wave review and just took the BAF piece from her. Still think it’s funny that they retconned her being called “the Scarlet Witch” initially in the Disney+ WandaVision series.

2. Secret Wars Captain America: Cool figure with a real grumpy face and unique uniform. I also LOVE the idea of the shield throwing hand on paper, but in reality it’s a bit awkward.

3. Captain Britain: I love the overall look and size of this figure, but just a bit too basic of a release.

4. The Eel: A nice paint job and electric hands does not do much to save a figure that I have zero attachment too.

5. Wonder Man: Best of the wave in my opinion given that he is an actual character that has not received multiple in the past, is not a C level villain and that I have some history with. Doesn’t hurt that it achieves what it is trying to do as a cool looking action figure.

6. Iron Skull: A very unique character that suffers from a lot of the same things that the typical multitude of Iron Man figures do: limited pose-ability and boring presentation. I do like the additional head, but I doubt it’s unique to this figure.

This wave as a whole was a bit of a dud. That said I like that we got a Wonderman figure and I think I picked most of this wave up for cheap.

Pros: Abomination will be a very hot ticket soon given his involvement in the Shang Chi movie, but I’ve never really cared. That said I do like the overall size and feel that as a BAF he really works well. Plus that head sculpt is dynamite.

Cons: Nothing to note.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping