ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:25 PM   #1089
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

669-2
Hasbro- Star Wars- The Black Series: Chewbacca (The Force Awakens)

So what really was Chewy’s relationship with Han based on? I remember reading as a kid that because Han saved his (Chewbacca’s) life that in return, Chewbacca owed him a Wookie Life Debt and was indentured to Han for the rest of his life. It was touched on a bit in the Solo movie, but nothing concrete and I think that is a good thig, given that the idea of a life debt is stupid, especially when you consider that Chewbacca COULD have a family that would presumably want to see him? I feel like it’s time to solidify the canon with Han saving Chewy from the Empire and refusing to take the life debt with them becoming friends/partners over time. Still doesn’t really explain why Chewy didn’t take the Falcon and leave after Han died, but given how the sequels played out, I doubt they really had an ultimate plan for Chewy.

Pros: If I had to guess, I would assume this is basically the same mold as the base Black Series release with maybe a new head sculpt? Either way it’s a solid figure with tones of molded details, a decent amount of articulation and comes complete with his trusty bowcaster.

Cons: Overall I dislike the design and wish they did something to differentiate him from his previous iterations. I understand it’s functional, but they could have done something more. Also The bowcaster is super gummy and bends really easily.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping