ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:01 AM   #1090
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

670-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Angela

Guess who learned something new today? And while I knew that this Angela is the same character that appeared alongside Todd McFarlane’s Spawn in the super popular Image comic from back in the day, she is now the property of Marvel who has featured her prominently in as a long lost sister of Thor. How is this possible? One moment she is the darling of Image comics with scandalous action figures (search Party Angela in google) made by McFarlane’s toy company and now she’s kicking butt beside one of Marvels top properties. I assumed it was a DC/Wildstorm situation that allowed Jim Lee’s characters like Grifter to integrate with the likes of Batman and Superman over at DC, but it appears it was much more litigious than that. If sources are to be believed (Wikipedia) it looks like the character of Angela was possibly created by both Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman. Both claiming ownership, the matter (along with many others) was settled in court with Gaiman winning out and in turn selling the rights over to Marvel. As far as I can tell, Angela is the only Image character that has made her way into the Marvel Universe which is surprising given how marketable they likely could be, especially from a very lucrative nostalgic group.

Pros: I’m just going to say it: this is a beautiful figure and really does the character justice with a fantastic mold, a decent amount of articulation and a bunch of different accessories/extra gear that sets her apart from some of the more basic releases.

Cons: Overall she is a bit tough to stand up, plus a figure like this deserves double jointed elbows.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping