ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Marvel Legends Groot Released in Canada

It hurts collecting in the sense that a BAF is the incentive to buy an entire wave, its Hasbro saying "you want this figure? the only way you can get it is to build it". I had to shell out like $180 to build the Rhino BAF (which was not a total loss as most of the figures in that wave were pretty good), to hear that figure will be available as a retail exclusive is a kick in the junk to people who shelled out the cash on a full wave. If the trend of re-issuing BAFs continues you will see 3 times as many peg warming figures on the shelves as there will be no reason to buy an entire wave...and the end result will be A) Stores wont restock Legends or B) Hurts Hasbro's sales and we wont see as many waves released per year.

If they are going to release BAFs individually, then why not just scrap the entire concept and release the what would be BAF figures at a higher premium?

While I understand that the figure has a new head, a couple cute Groot Jr figs and that Hasbro was trying to capitalize by pushing this Groot out to coincide with Guardians Vol.2's release, I just feel a little bitter about the whole situation.

I agree it is a good way to draw in new collectors or those who could or did not build the original (Rocket was pretty tough to come by)...but to start reissuing multiple BAFs will send long time Legends collectors into a frenzy.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping