ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 03:27 AM   #119
inhale
Red Shirt
Re: Action Figure Fraud: Is this a problem at your local stores???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Found this today at Coppercreek Wal-mart. Actually, my wife found this and said "Hey look, Thor. Isn't he hard to find?" They she wandered over to Electronics.
I was still going through the Transformers deluxe pegs looking for Combiner Wars wave 2. When I checked out Thor, I noticed he was missing the BAF, sword AND Mjolnir. I took a pic to show my wife, but left Thor on the peg.

Inhale's new thread made me think about this again. I guess us collectors have "trained" eyes. My wife probably would have bought this if she thought I needed it.

I think Hasbro needs to address this. The Infinite packaging is too inviting to scams like this. The Cap series was the worst since it didn't even have tape on the back! I think that Hasbro should use the clam shell packaging that Toybiz used. I never saw a swapped toy in a clam shell. We are already paying $25 regular price per ML figure. If Hasbro wants to suggest this price, they should protect their product. No collector will buy this "naked" Thor.
Thanks for the shout (kinda lol) i recently found somewhere..cant remember a infinite series odin hawkeye with his damn clothes off and his arrow in lieu of the place where the BAF part would be.. and i dont even think it was the original clear plastic..think it was from another figure. Seeing that just got me frustrated

And yes, i did jump the gun in making the thread but thanks to EricLumpia for the direction to this main thread.
inhale is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping