ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 PM   #101
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Kaiyodo Sci-fi Revoltech 017- Jack Skellington.

Whether you feel that it's a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie, you must agree that Jack Skellington and his Nightmare Before Christmas movie provide a equally scary and festive adventure. Being the Disney fan that I am, I have grown to appreciate the character and always look forward to the "Nightmare Before Christmas" annual overlay at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. Unfortunately for us, a trip to Anaheim was not in the cards this year, so this little figure will have to emulate the experience as best as it can.

First impressions of this figure are very good thanks to the great packaging the Revoltech figures are know for. I was also surprised with the bevy accessories that he comes with: multiple expressive heads, hands and various other Christmas gear that really completes the look. The figure and limbs look super breakable, but is surprisingly solid and feel much less fragile then the recent DC collectible figures that I have picked up. His little ghost dog Zero is also included as has fully articulated ears head and mouth: a very cool little addition.

The included stand/base is nicely detailed and provides separate stands for Jack, Zero and Jack's toy sack. The only drawback is the plastic stand that props up Jack is fairly thin and looks like it could easily snap in half, but so far so good on mine.

My other little nitpick is that the hat/beard combo doesn't really stay on his head very well; seems like his skull is too wide for the beard. Certainly with enough pressure it will stay in place, but quickly falls off pop off when the beard is adjusted.

Overall this is a really great figure for fans of the movie or for the holiday season in general. It is really quite remarkable how the sculpt is able to capture the very unique look and feel of the character, but also be robust enough to support the super thin appendages; a feat that some other recent companies can not seam to figure out.

Pros: Dead on sculpt, excellent accessories, nice display base

Cons: A more useful stand, allowing for more dynamic poses would have been nice.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping