ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 11:10 PM   #102
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Marvel Legends - Infinite Series: Spider-Woman

Spider Women is a bit of mystery to me, not only do I know very little about the character and back story, I'm also not sure why she isn't more popular. I suppose early on she was treated as the typical female counterpart to a much more popular Spider-Man, but given that female character have really come around lately (as recently as Spider Gwen) I'm guessing that Spider Woman's stock has overall increased a few basis points.

There is a bit of a question as to her abilities given that she doesn't share the same powers granted from a run-of-the-mill radioactive spider, but her backstory is much deeper. I'd love to see her included in the Marvel Movie universe, but I'm not sure what the legal limitations are for other spider characters in movie roles.

The figure is decent I suppose, but seems proportionally large for the character. I'm assuming that the body mold was used for Marvel's other super heroines of size and maybe she stacks up, but in the comic I don't recall her being as large as She Hulk. The articulation is good, but suffers from the same issue as Spider-Man 2099: the hips limit 'spider poses'. She comes with some Web Wing attachments can be inter-changed to achieve a winged look which is a nice touch.

Overall she fits in well with my Spider Collection and I am happy that I was able to find her, but I just wish she was perhaps a touch smaller with more accessible articulation.

Pros: Female character with the classic costume.

Cons: proportional size, some articulation issues.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping