ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #892
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

527-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends Premium: Wolverine

I have a bit of a love/dislike relationship with these Premium Legend figures as when they are done well, like Thor and Wolverine, they are pretty fantastic, but when they are basically 6” legends that have been doubled in size, I am less than enthused. I’m also realizing that I’m not a fan of the 12” size class given that they take up a very large footprint on the shelf, but with limited overall benefit to make up for that lost space. All said, they were a fun experiment, but Hasbro is better off investing in other endeavors.

Pros: When Wolverine was announced as part of this premium line there was little question as to if I was going to add him to my collection. You see, I’ve become quite enamored to the Wolverine character in the past few years and really appreciate all the love he’s been getting from Hasbro these days. And while I would have preferred his brown costume instead of this tiger stripe look, it still is an extremely cool aesthetic. As with the other 12’ premium figures, Wolverine has a fantastic sculpt, nice paint scheme, decent amount of articulation that allows for some decent poses. Accessorily wise he’s pretty well supplied with a few spare fists, an unmasked head, a masked head and some additional parts/head sculpt that gives him a “just got out of a fight” look.

Cons: As mentioned I would have loved this to feature his brown suit, but I get that this is his more well-known look. That said, everything else is pretty fantastic on this figure, so no real other complaints.

Team Jetfire is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping