ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #895
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

529-2
Jazewars- Fortnite Legendary: Abstrakt

Sometimes I loth being a toy collector who opens their toys and truly sees the appeal of keeping them in their plastic prison. Figures kept safely in their package are perfect as far as anyone knows. A MISB figure and no stiff or loose joints, no broken parts or factory errors and certainly always has the potential to be a really fun toy. Unfortunately once that seal is broken and that figure is played with, all of these issues come to light and sometimes leads to a toy not meeting the high expectations that one has for a highly anticipated figure. I suppose this is a really long way to say that my Jazwares Abstrakt figure had an extremely stiff shoulder joint which led to my breaking the arm at the biceps swivel. With some MacGyver level ingenuity I was able to “repair” his arm for display, but the shoulder is still frozen. I looked for a replacement, but nothing was available for the price I wanted to pay, however I thought I would give Jazwares a chance to rectify and to my surprise they offered to send me out a replacement. They even sent me another 4’ figure to apologize for the wait while they located a new Abstrakt. As of this writing I have not received the replacement, but they can confirm with me a number of times saying that it is on the way. I know that these Jazwares figures are a bit divisive, but I continue to love them and really commend Jazwares for standing behind their product for collectors; really incredible stuff.

Pros: In a world of Robots and Banana mean, I was actually drawn to Abstrakt for his relative normal looking aesthetic. The fact that his outfit, including the hat, is basically what I wear day in and day out probably has something to do with it, but the other stuff, including the breathing mask and paint splotches just finish off the overall look. LIke other Fortnite figures he comes with a slough of accessories including a Sniper Rifle, pistol, some expression faces, a backpack, a paint roller pickaxe and, for some reason lost on me given that I don’t play the game, a balloon.

Cons: Generally speaking the figure is pretty good, however the combination of the hat and breathing mask make it very difficult to both pose the head and swap out the faces. Unfortunately my version has a frozen shoulder joint (something that is becoming to be an issue on these figures) and led to the arm breaking off at the biceps swivel. A bummer for sure, but Jazwares offered to send a replacement. UPDATE: Jazwares sent a figure, but unfortunately it was a figure that I already have and I’m not going to press the issue any further however its a bit of a bummer that they didn’t replace with the same figure like they said they would, OR offer a figure that I don’t already have.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping