ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #896
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

530-2
Hasbro- Marvel First 10 Years: Captain America & Peggy Carter.

As of this writing the new Disney Plus series Wandavision has just premiered and I have mixed feelings. It is important to note is that it has been over a year and a half since the last MCU project was released given that there was an unforeseen delay of theatrical release of Black Widow that has unfairly put a lot of pressure on this MCU related show to satiate the rabid fans who have waited in summer 2019 for more MCU content. And while I like where this series is going, I can see a lot of people quite literally turned off by a show that is extremely fair from a punch ‘em up, action filled feast for the eyes that the MCU films are known for. I mean, I’m sure there is way more to the story and those who stick with the series will be rewarded with some really cool storytelling as well as an eventual payoff that will connect to the overall MCU, but it will not be for everyone. That said, I adore Elizabeth Olson and Paul Benttany as leads and I’m really looking forward to where it is heading.

Pros: Captain America: This may be terrible to say, but this could be my favorite Captain America release to date. Why terrible? Well aside from a sliver of blue under his gear, the figure hardly seems like a standard Capt figure. Sure there are other accessories that complete the look including 2 nice head sculpts, a blue A helmet and some trade mark shields, but if I was a customizer, this feels like it could be perfect custom fodder for a GI Joe figure. Two other pluses include a working holster for his pistol and a sheath for his knife. I REALLY love little details like that.

Peggy Carter: Overall Peggy has a great sculpt and face likeness and fits well packed with Steve.

Cons: Captain American: While this isn’t a con per se, there is very little difference between the head sculpts and I’m not sure what they elected to keep both.

Peggy Carter: I am not a massive Pegger Carter fan, but I can’t help but feel that Hasbro REALLY fucked up with Peggy. Yes the sculpt is decent and matches well to the movie, but she’s meant to be an ACTION figure right? By giving her a hard plastic skirt they have all but made her a statue from the waist down. Like, what a disservice to both the character and the fans that have grown to love her. She’s a total badass and last time I checked, a bad ass should have the ability to move her legs right? I mean, I can barely get her to stand up…. So frustrating.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping