ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #898
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

531-2
Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Donatello

Well folks, this is it, my official last TMNT figure from my in storage collection and my last TMNT review.

***Record scratch and freeze frame***

Narrator: Team Jetfire was done with TMNT toys. He amassed a nice collection and really was not into the new style TMNT figures from the new Cartoon”

***Time returns to TJ typing away at his computer***

I can’t say that I’m too sad about it as I have a decent collection of TMNT from various eras and not a big fan of the new cartoon. I suppose there are those NECA Movie figures, but I’m really not interested in hunting those down.

Narrator: Team Jefire was very interested in hunting down the NECA Turtles.

And even IF i found all four, I doubt I’d want to pay the $30 for them.

Narrator: Team Jetfire knew that when it came down to it, his Platinum Edge card would give him a 15% discount on all collectables internalizing the cost for more toys that he really did not need.

And when it all comes down to it, I really have no space on my shelves.

Narrator: He knows there is always more room.

Well, I guess that is that, no more new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for me.

Narrator: Team Jefire later bought all 4 NECA movie turtles later that day from his local comic book store. To his credit they were marked down to $15 each, but still has an issue of placement.

Yeah, I bought all four…

Pros: Well, because he’s Donatello and my favorite character I have an obligation to say that he is the best of the bunch, but in actual fact, just the same figure with a purple mask, a bo staff and a strap to hold it. That said, I still really appreciate that they released this line of fully articulated classic looking figures at a time before 6”, articulated figures were the norm.

Cons: Unfortunately my Donatello has a bit of a factory defect on his left foot that prevents the ball joint from fitting snugly in place. It’s not a deal breaker and only comes out if I try to pose the foot, but a bit of a bummer considering he’s my favorite of the bunch.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping