ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #899
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

532-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Kitty Pryde.

Anyone else wish that we got to see more of Kitty Pride from the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie? Played by Elliot (Ellen at the time) Page, the character had a ton of potential as we see in the first 10 minutes and her role is extremely important to the entire story, but I feel that there could have been much more. For example, when she is running from the Sentinels, she shares a very telling look with Iceman, who has historically been linked to Rouge in the movies. What is that about? Are they romantically involved? Did he give up on Rouge? I must know!!

Pros: On my last review I kind of ripped into the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie for their ridiculously cheap and stupid looking costumes. That said, I think they were based on this look of the X-Team, which I actually really like, but instead of skintight spandex, then went with an unflattering polyester zip up. I'm not saying that the uniform needs to be skin tight spandex, but let's be honest, it looks pretty good. Additionally, Kitty has a great head sculpt, hair that doesn’t mess with pose-abilty and her little Dragon friend that can sit on her shoulder that I’m going to call Figment. (Fans of Disney World circa 1985 should get that reference.) She also comes with a Magneto head, but I’m not sure why.

Cons: Outside of Hasbro not including a reason for the Magneto helmet, my only issue is the female body mold that continues to be reused. Do female characters not warrant scratching their noses?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping