Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #43
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 5 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I dunno. I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan and I really have found the quality dropping fop a while now. Tonight's episode topped last week's in my eyes.

Anyway Ahsoka can't die, she can take a laser blast from a tank in the back and get it fixed with a bandaid

I'd love to like this show more but I don't really feel like its aimed at me anymore. Its trying to draw in a new audience who are not concerned with when Darth Maul, Even Piell and Adi Gallia are suppost to die.

Of course is Adi really dead? She appeared on the Jedi Council a week after her second death.

I'll keep watching and am hoping for at least some cool stuff in the Maul arc(though I know the story already due to the book leak). In short I want more Umbara, more Rookies, more Mandalore - less Colonel Gascon and less Gungan's beating down General Grievous.

I'm glad you still enjoying the ride Scrapper, but I got bucked off somewhere in Season 3 and haven't been able to get back in the saddle.
That is one issue that remains a constant, what is the chronology of events? Why is it they insist on showing all these things off and then we get stuck with trying to figure out what goes where and when.

Personally Rob, I think the reason I still enjoy it so much is that I'm not 100% invested in the overarching continuity of the Star Wars Universe. I don't follow it as closely as you do, I don't care if something happens that contradicts with continuity. I mean if I cared about that sort of thing I could never enjoy Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the squicksome nature of the Luke/Leia physical interest. (I'd kind of like to see some author revist that book and perhaps tell a short e-story novella that deals with the psychological nature these events and the attraction factor Luke felt for his sister before he knew who she was, but that might be a bit too dark and that even for Star Wars.)
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping