ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #44
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 5 Discussion Thread

I'll join in and just say that if I weren't such a hardcore SW fan, I'd likely have stopped watching long, long ago. I don't mind the periodic "aimed at the kids" episode like this current run with the astromechs and the previous one with the Jedi younglings, but I want to see Clonetroopers and Jedi armies ideally. It doesn't have to be brutally violent, just tense and suspenseful. When you put younglings in an episode, there just no tension because I know none of them are going to die or suffer any real harm (no severed limbs).

Barring that, have some GOOD adventures featuring Obi and Anakin side-by-side, so that we continue to get a good idea of their working relationship, they seemed to have dropped that totally this season and put too much focus on incidental characters. I almost think that's done to introduce new characters that Hasbro can then sell action figures of (if of course, Hasbro hadn't more or less trimmed the CW line down so substantially).

And I can't believe the day would come when Darth Maul officially would come back ...and I'd be bored silly. It seems without Sidious, Maul really is just a glorified thug incapable of doing anything substantial beyond just killing 24-7. I was hoping for more character development than what we've seen so far. Perhaps as with Boba Fett, less is more.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping