Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #2908
Darth Cujo
Super Friend
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
you are probably right but his point is that he didn't have to run around like an idiot from store to store in order to do that.. instead the scalper is the idiot that ran around wasting 2-3 hrs of his time + gas and all you had to do is pay him $10 HAHAHA.. sounds good to me.

What will really help with this is limiting purchases.. do you think some scalper could walk out with 12 ahsokas if the limit was 2? sure there are ways around it but atleast they would have to work for it.

i know some TRU in my area had a limit on the GE figs and were even asking for ID. From what i understood they were limiting per day. So you could get 2 today and 2 tomorrow but not more then 2 in one day. This system atleast allows for more people to get their hands on figures and scalpers would have a hard time clearing out stores...

there are so many ways to limit buying and prevent scalping but they just don't all seem to want to implement it.

For standard figures i don't think its needed but for exclusives it should be made standard that there is a limit of 2 per customer.
Oh I understood the point. But that logic unfortunately still feeds the scalpers.

I also agree that limits would help. But they can be circumvented. Big picture is that the stores dont care who buys, as long as the items sell. I just go without rather than buy from third party sellers. I wont run around all over the place to get stuff either. And with covid I miss out a lot more. But I'm also patient and play the long game. Usually it works out in the long run.
Darth Cujo is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping