ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Marvel Legends 2012

Must as well repost my giant mess of a post from the other now locked thread.

Ya, Hasbro should really get to improving the female mold they have right now. A step in the right direction in my opinion would be ankle rockers and T joint hips, both which I honestly feel are essential at this point. It would be really great if they got to fixing or even making a new female body by the time wave 3 is ready. And maybe I'm just hoping here, but they have chosen not to show either Dani or Mystique, which leads me to possibly believe that some reworks for the female mold may be taking place.

I also think that the ankle rockers and 90 degree hips should be an essential feature of all figures going forward, and that if they want to reuse old molds rather than make new ones that they should rework them to add in these much needed features.

As nice as reworks would be, I would really like to see some all new default for characters. The Bucky Cap mold is definitely a step in the right direction. It looks great and features all that great articulation that so many recent figures have been lacking. Hopefully if Marvel Legends can prove successful (which it really seems to be, especially with all the sellouts everywhere) Hasbro will be able to allocate a larger budget to it and maybe even be able to make more and more new molds.

Onto BaFs, I think Terrax was pretty cool. And Arnim is alright as well. That being said I still do think that Arnim is on the small side for a BaF and should have been made into a single carded figure, or even featured in a 2 pack. Like I said in another post, people have argued that he is a niche characters that only collectors would like, well here's some news, so is Klaw. Next up is the argument that his mold is mostly unique and will not be reusable to Hasbro and they would therefore be wasting money by making him single carded. More news, there is actually quite a bit of potential to his parts. Sure his body and "head" wouldn't be useable but he has those legs that I'm sure a modern Ronan wouldn't mind using, and those arms that may be able to fit characters who happen to have long sleeves. I'm in the camp that would like to see BaFs being a bit bigger, like 10" or even long and thick, like Lockjaw, if he were ever to be made. I would also really like to see the occasional giant again, maybe in a wave featuring more figures or something. Maybe like one big BaF a year would be nice.

Uhh, what else is there to talk about... Accessories! Accessories with a lot of figures seems to be a
problem (that seems to be getting fixed in wave 3, with all the guns and weapons characters seem to be getting). Now, I'm not asking for a lot here, just what's really essential, or for some characters, what would make them be more than they are. For example, Klaw could have really used some energy sound effect to make him more interesting, especially considering he's so small. And Spider-Man in wave 2, he comes with nothing! Thor justified coming with nothing (well, if you count Mjlonir as nothing) because he was huge! But Spidey, no bigger than Daken but doesn't come with a BaF piece. Not even one accessory to make him more enticing. Some webbing could have gone a long way, especially since it could be reused, like they're doing in MU.

Next up is running changes. I thought that these were a pretty cool idea, but the potential isn't working as of right now. Both Madame Masque and Hydra have their own personal touches on their costumes, and hair, that make them who they are. For example that kind of "X" belt that Hydra has, and her straight hair. But for her figure she's just a straight repaint of Masque with a head swap... wait, scratch that, a face swap. Her hair was kept the same! Once again, I'm thinking that things may be looking up in wave 3 because if I'm not mistaken Blade/Punisher and Dani/Mystique are running changes of one another and each of those characters are different enough that they would have no choice but to do some remolds to the characters (like Punishers skull belt, Blade obviously can't have that).

Whew... I think I already said a bit too much for one post...
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping