ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Re: G.I.Joe Retaliation Movie Discussion(Spoilers)

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Never thought the first movie could be better. I think this movie tried too hard to essentially be a reboot by disregarding so much of the first movie except for what they had to keep. (Duke for 10min, Snake Eyes and Zartan President) Also, it tried too hard to be serious. The first film may have been campy, stupid and corny, but I found it more enjoyable than this one. I don't mind Bruce Willis, but putting him in everything isn't gonna make the movie better.

SPOILERS MAY BEGIN HERE!!

Also, my biggest complaint is that this movie made all the same mistakes as the first. I still don't feel Cobra Commander has "risen". Yes he did some damage, but for what, 20min. I would have prefered a full on takeover that lasted longer and showed Cobra is a real force over the "lets use CGI and do lots o damage" instead. See H.I.S.S tanks rolling down the streets, Vipers everywhere, Cobra looking like a real hostile threat...would have been better.
I also dislike Duke dying and Scarlett pretty much obsolete as well as Destro. I think it was a huge mistake to take away core members of both groups. Sure Destro got a nod and possibly blew up, but for f*** sakes, that's all we get for Destro? Better than Baroness and Scarlett whom both remain unmentioned along with every other single Joe from Movie 1, save Duke and Snake Eyes, and Duke doesn't survive the first 20min.
This movie tried way to hard to restart and push aside the first movie that it literally made this movie worse by showing that much disrespect. I get it, the first one wasn't gold and you are kinda forced to continue with Zartan President, but to spit in the face of the first movie as a form of "improving" and making all the same mistakes, not a wise move.
Also, the extra scenes with Duke and Roadblock were added afterwards because the studio decided Tatum was more famous and they needed the two to look like really good friends. Otherwise I don't think the video gaming part was originally in the movie.

Last edited by joshimus; 03-30-2013 at 12:07 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping